The cost of my Trans-Canada Sabbatical keeps creeping up as the dates get closer -- so I simply can not wait to lock things in any longer. The CDN$847.65 ViaRail fare is now CDN$1,047.48 (almost $200 more!) Therefore, I booked all my journeys from New York City to Seattle today!
Of course there are many loose-ends, but we'll deal with that over the January 2011... Major issues at this time are:
- I will be in Montreal one night (09-FEB-11) and I am seeking a place to stay.
- I need to make plans for Ottawa with Alex (I will be there for six days!)
- I will be in Toronto one night (16-FEB-11) and am seeking a place to stay.
- I will be in Winnipeg with Mutt from from 08:00 19-FEB-11 thru 12:00 21-FEB-11 and need to make plans with him and WLLC.
- I will be in Vancouver only one afternoon (09:42 23-FEB-11 thru 17:45 23-FEB-11). I'd love to do a quick tour of Vancouver. I wanted to spend almost a week there, but because of our visitor. I begin this trip a week late. :-(
- I need to firm up Seattle plans with my buddies there and plan my return flight (not train!) to NYC from Seattle.
Here's the locked-in, booked & paid travel plan:
Thanks to everyone who helped shape this plan using the 'comments' section of my blog from my last three trip development planning messages!
IMPORTANT: IN ORDER TO KEEP MESSAGE THREADING WORKING PROPERLY, I'M ONLY USING MY BLOG FOR COMMENTS/REPLIES. If you'd rather keep the message private, please e-mail me directly.